Friday, March 28, 2008

Don't ask about the bus

Ohayou gozaimasu! After a good night's sleep, I headed back down to the open air bath before having breakfast. Breakfast was a huge Japanese buffet feast with the usual rice, miso, grilled fish as well as yoghurt, fruit, fried eggs and bread. There was also a chef cracking hundreds of eggs into cups of some white creamy stuff and pouring some brownish liquid over the top. I wasn't feeling brave enough and the rice had filled me up plenty already. Maybe tomorrow...maybe. I went to get some directions at reception, the lady I asked didn't speak English so she got one of the lads to come and "speak English". So he came and spoke Japanese X ) Oh well, I can understand directions and he drew on my map, so we're off to catch the next bus to take us there...as soon as DS comes back from the baths...

We eventually made it the Kokeshi Doll factory (http://www.usaburo.com/). The craftsmanship is exquisite. We got to see some of them at work on the dolls and there was a workshop to paint a doll but I missed it.

We bought some manju omiage on the way back and had another dip before dinner at the hotel. We had a nice relaxing massage after dinner and then a midnight dip in the onsen. It's going to be sad to leave tomorrow.

Ja ne!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you rook-a nice!

i hope you bring me prenty good picture from kyoto!