Monday, March 24, 2008

Anxious wait

I hope everyone had a great Easter, and everyone feels refreshed after an extra long weekend!

The bags are packed, and we're just waiting to go. We're both tired and need sleep but the anticipation of the trip is buzzing inside us both, making any hope of sleep a wishful thought.

We're getting up at 4:30am, if we can actually go to sleep, to give everything the final once over, then we'll heard around to MDS' place for our ride to the airport at 5:30am to catch our flight to Cairns at 6:30am. Once we get to Cairns, we have a few hours to kill till our Qantas flight to Tokyo boards at 12:05pm.

We've packed a bunch of electronic goodies like PSP, Laptop and music players to keep us entertained if the in-flight movies are rubbish. I hope they aren't because I don't think the batteries in my PSP will last 7 hours. Props to my little brother, Torpedo Dog for letting me borrow his 4GB memory stick for the trip.

On the home front, I spent this afternoon mowing and whipper snipping the front yard to get it looking respectable, so when I get back it'll need to be done again. Good thing I've got some more time off when we get back.

Well I had better turn off my computer, this will be its first reboot/shutdown in 62 days. Who said Windows XP wasn't stable? Watch out for our next post from JAPAN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ZOMG UR GUYS R AT THE AIRPORT NOW!

HAVE AN EXTRAORDINARY TIME AND TAKE GOOD CARE OF EACH OTHER AND EAT DELICIOUS FOODS AND SEE WONDERFUL THINGS AND ENJOY THE COLD COLD WEATHER AND DON'T FORGET MY RAINCOAT!